Sunday, February 4, 2007

A Quiet Super Bowl Sunday

Over the past couple of years, I've almost become oblivious to the Super Bowl. In fact, I usually don't even know when it is.

This year has been interestingly different. Because I'm blogging, I'm a bit more connected to the world. OK, I'm really connected to the world. Thus, I knew the Super Bowl was today, and I even knew what teams were playing (to my wife's surprise).

However, blogging leads me to make a new and different observation today. The blogosphere has been really quiet. Yeah, it's a Sunday. Bloggers usually slow down on the weekends in general. But this is much more pronounced than a normal weekend blogging hiatus.

Weirdly, my quiet feed reader today reminds me of this last Christmas. In fact, I think there was more activity on Christmas day than this Super Bowl Sunday. I don't know of an empirical way to measure that, but it would be fascinating.

I don't quite know what this says. Maybe more bloggers are football fans than Christians. Who knows.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

No comments: